Applications are currently closed. Check back for details about future cohorts.
Today we’re excited to announce Modular Fellows, a new program that supports and mentors modular builders.
Modular blockchains are a paradigm shift in the architecture and capability of blockchain technology. As exciting as this new paradigm is, the modular stack will not build itself. The mission of Modular Fellows is to empower modular builders with the right resources to build the future of scalable and sovereign blockchain networks.
- Modular Fellows will be given engineering support and a stipend over three months to build a project of their choice.
- Potential project ideas include new execution layers, rollup infrastructure and modular versions of popular DeFi apps, NFT platforms and naming services.
- Ideal candidates are engineers with a deep understanding of modular chains and a track record of building.
- There are only 10 spaces in the first cohort.
Over the course of the three month program, Modular Fellows will receive engineering support, mentorship, and a monthly stipend of $3,000 to build a project of their choice. Each month, the Fellows will complete a project milestone, culminating in a demo-day presentation. After the program, continuing support will be available for Fellows in the form of fundraising help and grants.
This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of this emerging ecosystem by building new execution layers, rollup infrastructure services and modular interoperability solutions, as well as rebuilding modular versions of popular DeFi apps, NFT platforms and naming services.
Who Should Apply
We’re looking for builders who want to bring this future to life. Ideal candidates are engineers who possess a strong understanding of modular blockchains and have a track record of building.
Modular Fellows will work closely with the Celestia Labs team and a group of hand-picked Modular Mentors who will help solve engineering problems and provide feedback on milestones.
Mentors for the first cohort are:
- Zaki Manian - Co-Creator IBC, Co-Founder of Sommelier, and early Cosmos contributor
- Mustafa Al-Bassam - CEO & Co-founder, Celestia Labs
- Eric Wall - Blogger & Investor aka “Altcoin Slayer”
- Morgan Beller - Co-creator, Diem
- Can Gurel - Researcher, Delphi Digital
- Eli Krenzke - Research Team Partner at Polychain
- Wei Dai - Research Partner, Bain Capital Crypto
- Marko Baricevic - Cosmos-SDK Lead
- John Adler - Chief Research Officer & Co-founder, Celestia Labs
- Ismail Khoffi - CTO & Co-founder, Celestia Labs
- Evan Forbes - Software Engineer, Celestia Labs
In addition to new projects, we hope that Fellows will build lasting relationships with like-minded modularists. After all, modular blockchains are not just a technology but a movement.
Thanks for reading. More information about the program can be found here.
Build Modular. Be sovereign.